“There are at least 11 pork cuts that are lean and trimmed, Loin Steak, Fillet, Rump Steak, Round Steak, Topside Steak, Silverside Steak, Diced Pork, Pork Strips, Loin Roast, Round Mini Roast and Loin Chops.”
As indicated by the Australia Pork Industry, lean trimmed pork is a source of protein, thiamin, niacin, B6, B12, selenium, riboflavin, zinc, and omega-3.
TOP 4 FACTS about pork fillets*:
- Pork fillets have LESS than half the fat of beef fillets
- LESS fat than snapper fillets
- Pork fillets are LEANER than skinless chicken breast fillets
- Pork fillets are a valuable source of iron
*Based on uncooked fillets NUTTAB 2010
Click the following link to find your local BettaPork Butcher
Top 5 Pork Facts
1. Lean trimmed pork is a source of protein, thiamin, niacin, B6, B12, selenium, riboflavin, zinc, and omega-3.
2. Trimmed lean pork can be easily substituted for other meats like chicken, beef or lamb in your tried and trusted recipes, to add more variety to your weekly meals
3. The leanest pork cuts come from the loin, fillet and the leg, trimmed of external fat
4. Lean pork doesn’t have to be dry and tough. There’s no need to over-cook.
5. Trimmed cuts are readily available from butchers and supermarkets.
Ask your local butcher to trim off the external fat, or alternatively trim your meat at home – whatever you prefer.